Have Yourself a Merry Mid-Century Christmas

While running around town I've noticed some great vintage and retro Christmas items. Here are a few that caught my eye recently:



Jingle/East Sac Florist has a wonderful mid-20th century display in their store. They had several beautiful themed trees as well, including a Dia de Los Muertos tree!

If you are looking for vintage decorations I noticed that 57th Street Antique Mall has them flying in and out on a daily basis. Tomorrow is a good time to visit; they are having a winter sale. Thanks to Mimomito for the intel! Here's what I found at 57th Street the other day:








This post was inspired by a friend who is creating a 1950s-1960s Kitschmas this year. Anyone out there have an amazing mid-century Christmas display to share?

3 comments:

Kimberly Lindbergs said...

Love these photos!

I hope we can get our place festive for xmas & new years. When my grandmother passed away in 2004 she left me all her old holiday decorations and I've been slowly adding to my collection but I never had anywhere to display them in our tiny old apartment. Now that we own a home I want to pull it all out and have a "merry mid-century Christmas." Happy holidays, Gretchen!

Gretchen said...

I always loved taking out the ornaments with my grandmother. My favorites were citrus halves and quarters made of glass and given a sugary look. They were old and from Germany. Hope you send a link to some pix when you are finished putting up your decorations! A very Merry Christmas to you, Kimberly!

condo in Philippines said...

Lovely Christmas decorations. I love the red and green Christmas Trees and I think they are fit for my condo.

Paula M