Santa baby, just slip a table under the tree!

Looking for some great vintage MCM gifts this holiday season? Buying vintage is good for the planet, you know: reduce, reuse and recycle! Even if you're like me and deck the halls with matzoh balls, Hanukkah is right around the corner -- so here are some great resources for you to consider:


Deco the Halls, December 4-5, 2010, in San Francisco. Reportedly the largest Deco and Modernism sale in the country. There will be 150 dealers, a vintage hat fashion show, an interesting lecture, and an exhibit of 20th Century purses. I've been to this show in the past and have enjoyed it. Bring your wallet!


Midway Antique Mall - the great folks at GoogieTime are using more space and have turned several areas into a mid-20th century haven. Be sure to stop by the Dean Martin room! And read this fantastic post by lovely and delightful Erin of Bows & Sparrows for more pix and intel.



Mimomito - Our pals at Mimomito have their fingers on the pulse of thrifty finds around town by vigilantly scouting out local shops, thrifts and scouring Craigslist -- so you don't have to! See their awesome post on Etsy finds under $100. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

Sacramento Antique Faire - coming up this December 12th. You can find a ton of interesting items under the Capitol City freeway every month. This last Spring, I found a couple of lunchboxes for our collection at the faire. Erin of Bows and Sparrows did a great write up on her website recently. Check it out.

Oh, and: Santa baby, a 54 convertible too, light blue.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

My house is full of "recycles"! I go to the Sac Antique show every month. Midway mall too, but it's quite pricey. 57th Street mall too.

If you can find me a dining room table that's at least 28" tall from the bottom of the table to the floor for less than $250, let me know. So far, it's alluded me. I have everything thing else, but no mid century dining table!!

Gretchen said...

Nice, Barbara! If you don't already, keep checking in with my friends at Mimomito (link above) -- they specialize in MCM finds!

Bows and Sparrows said...

Thanks for the nods! xoxo, Erin

Gretchen said...

You're most welcome, Erin -- I was going to write about those things but you beat me to it. And I can't improve on perfection! <3 G