Announcing the first Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour


I've been a little busy with my friends, Kris Lannin Liang (who started the Mid-Century Sacramento page on Facebook) and Dane Henas recently. We've been planning this event.

The tour is still developing but will include several Eichler Homes designed by Jones + Emmons plus other homes and buildings designed by Sacramento area architects including: Carter Sparks, Leonard F. Starks, Rickey + Brooks, and other local builders and developers.

Please see the details at the Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour blog -- all updates and information regarding the tour from this point on will posted there.

We're really excited about this event and hope you will be too.

3 comments:

modernesia said...

I really love the advertising style used in the pic. I bet this would be a great tour. Thanks!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Gretchen, that is so exciting. My husband and I will definitely drive to Sacramento for the tour. Will you be featuring any homes in the Curtis Park area? We'll check out my Grandma and Grandpa's house (not an mcm) and have lunch in the park perhaps. How fun!!

Gretchen said...

Thanks Modernesia -- that is the work of Dane Henas, who is doing all of the professional graphic design work for the tour.

We would LOVE to have you join the tour MCMadam! I used to live in Curtis Park on Donner Way -- a few doors down from Ray Eames childhood home!