Don't take my Kodachrome away


I discovered a cache of old slides from the former owners, Dr. & Mrs. H in the rumpus/TV room. These show the house in the late 60's through early 80's. With kind permission, the original family has allowed me to scan and add these to this blog. This first picture is of the house in April, 1970.

Beautiful Mrs. H in the living room, January 1973

Dr. H in the dining room, December 1975

Their handsome son in the dining room, December 1975

Their lovely daughter & kitty, outside - August 1967

Living room, April 1979

Living room, April 1979

Living room, April 1980
Dining room, April 1979

Dining room, April 1979

Kitchen nook, April 1979

View from nook into living room, April 1979

Many thanks to the family for letting me share these wonderful pictures! And thanks to Bryan Darling from Home Movie Store (located nearby in South Land Park, right below William Land Park/Funderland) for digitizing these. If you have any old format images or movies from the past, I recommend taking them to Bryan -- he is also a mid-century enthusiast and does a great job.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo lucky to have these! They had great furniture and accessories. And their daughter looks like Natalie Wood in that pic!

Tikimama said...

Wait - I'm not Anonymous! The above comment was from me, but my fingers moved faster on the mouse than my brain did!

Gretchen said...

Thanks -- the original family has been wonderful and it is so cool to see the house as it was lived in.

desertbackroadfiend said...

These are simply amazing. What a gift to get a glimpse into the past, and into the lives of this family!

Gretchen said...

Most definitely! Great house, great family.

Joe Barthlow said...

those are awesome photos! They almost look staged! nice find

Gretchen said...

Thanks Joe. Dr. H was an avid photographer. There is a section of the house (when the garage was converted to a rumpus/TV room) that served as his darkroom.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are amazing. I actually envisioned a couch very similar in color when I was trying to fill in the blanks while I was visiting a few weeks ago. It's kind of odd to suddenly know so much about them ,but also wonderful. I especially liked seeing the bookshelves full. xoxoa

Anonymous said...

cool photos!

Tracy D. said...

Whoa - what a great find! I love that cross-processed look with the colors, very 70s.

Bo Sullivan said...

Looks like a Lightolier Lytespan pole lamp in the background - would be nice if it were still around! Bo

Gretchen said...

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy and Bo!

lecticiaschaydegger said...

OLA BOA NOITE, AMEI TEU BLOG ! ESPERO VC NO MEU ,TA! DEIXANDO UM FDS ILUMINADO DE AMOR, BJAUM! LECTICIA

Gretchen said...

Muito obrigado, Lecticia :)